Saturday, March 28, 2015

Lazy Saturdays

I am at the point of my life that I am understanding and enjoying my life rhythm.  One of the beats of my life rhythm goes by the tune of Lazy Saturday Mornings.  While others are out and about running household errands, running a 5K or cleaning their house, I am over here enjoying a slow easy morning in my PJs.  Why?

Because after the hustle, emotions and demands of my life, I have adapted a routine for myself that allows me to slow down and rest.  Yup. Even I need rest.  Me who has been told so many times "Girl! How do you do it all!!?"  And one of my secrets that allows me to do so much is to give myself permission to take some down time and rest.  During this rest period of a slow Saturday morning, I find that my body, mind and spirit get rested and that gives me the fuel I need to do "crazy" the rest of the time.

Now don't get me wrong.  My lazy time is brief.  I usually just chill until mid-morning.  Just enough time to watch a movie or read a bit of my book.  Because I am keenly aware that there is a huge difference between resting and sloth (habitual disinclination to exertion).  So awareness to your rhythm is KEY.  Key in understanding that we {need} rest to refuel to allow us to be better humans.  Therefore, we must be very careful to not cross the line and make it a full blown habit of constant laziness.

Do you listen to your rhythm and allow yourself some lazy time to rest and re-energize?  Go on ... tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment