Mastering Time Wasters
We are all gifted with the same 86,000 seconds each day. Sooooo ... how many of those 86,000 precious seconds do you waste on the following activities?
- Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and whatever social media you are into
- Excessive TV watching
- Hours of gaming
- Movie marathons
- Getting or making cup after cup after cup of java
- Shopping (online or at the store)
- Meetings just for the sake of a meeting
- Idle conversation
- Too many breaks
- Not saying "NO"
- Drop-in visitors
- Unnecessary details
- Re-inventing the wheel
- Add your own right here -> ____________________________
Do you see yourself involved in some (or all) of these activities? Go on you can be honest. No one knows you are reading this blog. So your secret is totally safe. But you aren't here for a guilt trip, are you? You started reading this article because something about the title MASTERING TIME WASTERS hit home with you. You are either jumping around the internet wasting time right now or at day's end you feel like you wasted your time. So keep reading ... time to learn (maybe re-learn) something about not wasting time.
So after all, I am a systematicYOU coach and I wouldn't be me if I didn't give you a system to MASTER YOUR TIME WASTERS. Here it goes ...
- For 1 week, I want you to jot down everything that you do. From laying in bed after the alarm goes off for 15 minutes checking your Facebook timeline to watching that same Friends show for the 8th time!
- When 1 week is up, I then want you to break down your activities into three categories:
- Necessary - you need to do this because either a bill will not get paid or relationship will get ruined or you will absolutely loose all your marbles
- Emergency - plain and simple the world will stop spinning if you do not do this
- Unnecessary - it's not necessary or an emergency
So are up for the challenge? Will you for one week start logging in your activities? Will you break them down into the 3 category to help you realize what are your time wasters? Will you ... here is the magic ... put forth a conscious effort to those UNNECESSARY activities less?
ONE MORE TIP ... I have something for you that will help you keep in check and away from those time wasters ... find an accountability partner or join an accountability support group like the one offered by me with systematicYOU. Having someone for you to check in with helps you keep on track. You will experience a noticeable improvement in reducing time wasters and best part is you are not doing it alone. Contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if want the details of my next Accountability TRIBE kick off scheduled for July 25th! Or you can privately check on my website for the testimonials from ladies that have participated in my accountability group. Link here!
Well good luck and I would love to hear how your activity journal is coming along!