Thursday, June 4, 2015

Meet my organizing bestie ... my label maker!

Wassup systematicYOU TRIBE!?

Growing up my Mami always said "Put it back where it belongs".  #sideyes

Which meant "it" had a specific location assigned for it within our home.  Because of my upbringing plus a tour duty as a Marine, having my things in its rightful place is second nature and logical for me. Now add to that my OCPD and my BFF, the label maker, and oh boy ... not only do things have a spot, they have a beautiful little label to say just where it belongs!!  In the event, I or anyone in my household decides to forget.
Yup. I gracefully dance around my home like Snow White in the dwarf's home with my label maker in hand signing lovely songs to it.  Now you do not have to be nuts like me, dancing with your machine, but you can use labels to help you and yours put it back where it belongs.


Use labels for areas such as:
  • Pantries
  • Linen closets
  • Toy bins
  • Office supply storage
  • Crafting supplies
  • Children's closets
  • Files


Because labeling is a GREAT way to see that something is out of place or if you ran out of a specific supply.  

Now what labels will you use?  Ooooh.  The possibilities!  There are:
  • Label makers like P-Touch
  • Dyno label makers (Yeah!  Let's take it back old school)
  • Avery labels that you can write it out or go to the Avery website and download the template and create them on your computer
  • Chalk labels
  • Craft tags
  • Chalk labels on craft tags
  • And on and on and on!


What else do you need to convince you to label?  Go on ... label away.
What will area on your home or office will you label?  Post your comment right here.  Maybe you have an idea for something I have yet to label.

No comments:

Post a Comment