Saturday, April 11, 2015

An ATTA girl moment

We are all familiar with the "atta boys" but what about an "atta girl"? No. Well now you will be ... Tabby's version of an ATTA GIRL.

We work our butts off being a:
Mama
Wife of that man in the house
Lover
Companion of games
Provider of meals
Spiritual leader
Professional clothes cleaner
Maid
Pet alpha
Missing sock detective
Problem solver
Healer of runny noses and boo boo's
Royal title of payer of bills
To name a few ........

And that is just being a mom and a wife.  Nevermind if you work outside of the home or even if you are crazy enough (like me) to ALSO try to start your own business.  (insert that shocked emoji)

So with all of these demands on us it so easy to lose track of well ... US!!  So here is what I teach every gal in my accountability support group.

ONCE A WEEK, SCHEDULE AN ATTA GIRL.  Yes. I say schedule to make sure you find the time for it.

Definiton of an ATTA GIRL:
A moment for a woman to do something that is just for her and no one else. 

Examples of an ATTA GIRL:
* A mani or pedi or both!
* A glass of your favorite wine while reading a book
* Meditation
* A walk in the beach or park
* Buying a new blouse
* A dinner with your BFF
* Gifting yourself a bouquet of flowers

Do something small (or big if you can afford it) that makes your heart happy and gives your soul a lift.  You need it.  In those moments you will find you and be that gal that is YOU and not what someone else expects you to be.  So enjoy along with me and my accountability group gals that ATTA GIRL moment.  Share with me what are you planning to do.  I might wanna do it too.

(Since I am in Orlando this week at MegaCon getting my geek on ... the post image had to be but of course a little syfy!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment